Roto-Rooter released their five most unusual drainpipe discoveries in 2005. Just hope you don’t have these items waiting for you down the drain.
1. A Vicksburg, MS, crew found a live Civil War cannon shell believed to be from the 1861 siege of Vicksburg.
2. In Greensboro, NC, a crew had to rescue a cat from the sewer.
3. In Bloomington, IL, a plumber removed several GI Joes and Matchbox cars that a young boy sent down the toilet.
4. Police in Canada had a crew retrieve a large stash of drugs that a suspect had just flushed down the drain.
5. In Sacramento, CA, a crew had to pull from a business’ toilets a large number of miniature liquor bottles after an employee who had been drinking on the job flushed them down the toilet.